The survey shows that the UK have retained its position as the 5th most competitive destination in the world behind Spain, France, Germany and Japan (which has risen from 9th to 4th,replacing the USA which has dropped from 4th to 6th). Points of note
- The UK’s safety rating has slipped from 63rd to 78th
- The UK’s international openness has slipped from 11th to 20th
- The UK’s Price competitiveness remains thesecond worst behind that of Switzerland
- The UK’s Tourism Service Infrastructure has improved markedly from 37th to 7th due to major up-ratings of rental car companies and ATM availability.
- The UK still ranks at the bottom of the table for Airport charges and fuel prices.