Digital Tourism Business Framework
The Vision of the Programme is that by end 2014 Wales’ tourism industry will have moved from relative E business immaturity firmly into the digital age via the effective utilisation of European funding.
This will be achieved via a range of integrated and mutually supporting Projects within the Programme. They are:-
A. Creating an Innovative Digital Tourism Business Environment
• Project – Horizon Gazing. An approach to looking forward and outwards at ICT innovations as business opportunities.
• Project – Tourism Innovation Forum. A tourism “social” network for communicating and sharing knowledge/ideas and collecting data.
• Project – Business Engagement
Improving ICT Knowledge – Tourism Businesses. Linking into WAG eBusiness work.
Complimentary Package of Knowledge Building. Designed to improve specific knowledge needed to implement the programme.
Digital Business Knowledge Briefings for Support Organisations. Providing “executive briefings” on digital to opinion formers in support organisations in Wales.
B. Creating Digital Tourism Communities
Digital business networks/communities are groups of businesses brought together on-line for shared business interest. They are co-operative and innovative networks/communities and are usually regional or sector specific and interact with and through ICT. Local “communities” receiving support via this Project will provide open, inter-operable building blocks for the wider digital tourism community in Wales.
C, Piloting Innovative Approaches to Using Digital Technologies for Tourism Business
Based on increased knowledge, successful innovative tourism product ideas will be supported as pilots with knowledge gained being shared with the digital tourism community.
D. Developing and Exploiting the Knowledge Base
• Opening and Developing Priority Content. Inspirational, “Rich Content about Wales will be made available for industry demand creation purposes.
• Developing and Open, Inter-operable “Knowledge Base”. The “Rich Content” input from a variety of private and public sector sources will form a source of inspirational information about Wales used by the private and public sector tourism community in Wales to create demand and commercial advantage.
• Demand Creation Using the “Knowledge Base”. Visit Wales will move its demand creation work into a “digital first” approach.
The Programme will support the purchase and development of:-
• A Tourism Innovation On-Line Forum service to form the heart of knowledge and information sharing for the community via a “social networking” approach.
• An Open/Interoperable content/data management system to facilitate the development of the “Digital Knowledge Base”.
• An eCRM Customer (Tourist) Database Management/Data Planning Service to facilitate the distribution of the rich content in the “Digital Knowledge Base” to potential customers within the UK and internationally.
A small Programme Management and Animation/integration team will be required to make the Programme happen.
Project Cost = £17,406,586
ERDF = £9,213,866
Visit Wales = £4,451,939
Private = £3,740,781
|Digital Tourism Business Framework - Exec Summary 2010||70.05KB|