St David’s Day Photography Competition
St David’s Day Photography Competition
Wales Tourism Week, an annual celebration of the contribution the tourism industry in Wales makes to the wealth and well being of the nation, takes place between Monday 29th February and Sunday 6th March.
As Wales will be celebrating a full Year of Adventure during 2016, we are inviting young people between the ages of 11 and 19 to take part in a digital photography competition illustrating the adventurous holidays and experiences available in Wales.
Adventure can mean all kinds of things! For some it might mean a great day out climbing, coasteering or kayaking, for others it might mean exploring and sampling some of the great food and drink the country has to offer. Whatever it adventure means to you, share your pictures and experiences with us to be in with a chance to win!
Simply send your digital photograph to email@example.com along with no more than 100 words explaining why the picture captures an adventure. Don’t forget to tell us where and when you took it! If you’re going to be heading out and about to take a new picture (or more!) to send in, please ensure you do so safely and with approval from a responsible adult.
Closing date for entries is Sunday 4th April 2016. Our panel of judges comprising some highly experienced and professional photographers will then meet to decide the winners, and the results will be announced on Monday 11th April 2016.
The overall winner will receive a Go Pro Camera, kindly donated by North Wales Tourism and there will also be four regional prizes for the winners of the best photographs taken in South East, South West, Mid and North Wales. For younger participants, please ensure you are supervised by a responsible adult. These prizes are:
South East Wales:
Company: Adventure Britain - www.adventurebritain.com
• Prize: Gorge Walking for 2 people, subject to availability.
• Additional info: Prize winner will need to quote Reference number 16vc178 when booking
South West Wales:
Company: Heatherton CS Park Ltd
Prize : A Tree Tops Adventure that will take you through the trees with a range of fun and exciting obstacles to overcome from Zip-lines, cargo nets and bridges to tarzan swings, climbing walls and tunnels.
Additional information: Duration – approx 2 hours minimum age and height; 10 years + & 1.4m +
Voucher value worth £50.00
Company: Llangorse Multi Activity Centre - www.activityuk.com
Prize: Half day fully-instructed indoor activity session, suitable for ages 6 years and over
Contact name: Craig Forde
Safe and Sound Outdoor Adventures
Chapel Street, Llangollen
The prize is for outdoor activities for 2 people for one day and they can choose two activities one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The range of activities on offer include:
Safe and Sound Outdoors is fully recognised by the AALA (License number R1422) and as such has a License to teach under 18’s in the following outdoor activities:
By entering this competition, you will be agreeing to allow the Wales Tourism Alliance to use your photographs for promotion of holidays in Wales and transfer copyright of the images accordingly.
- Entry is open to residents and visitors to Wales between the ages of 11 and 19 who must have taken the photographs themselves.
- Each person may submit two photos for each category.
- Photos may have been taken at any time, but mustn't have been entered in a previous competition.
- The photos should be sent as JPEG images at the highest available resolution as email attachments.
- Each photo should be identified in the email with location, date of photograph, your name and age; eg Machynlleth, Mid Wales, 14/10/2015, Alun Jones, 17
- Please provide in the email a short and long caption for each photograph (max 100 words) describing why you think the photograph represents Adventure in Wales
- The closing date for submission is 4th April 2016
- Winners will be announced 11th April
- The email address for the competition is; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judges decision is final and no dialogue will be entered into